Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gimme a Break

Ah, the last day of Christmas break. What a great time off it's been. This past week, especially, has been so relaxed. It is such a great feeling knowing that you have a full week to rest and do whatever you want. And believe me, that's what I've done. Here are a few of my accomplishments.
  • Slept.
  • Put away my Christmas decorations. Getting them out is so much easier than putting them away. But, wonder of wonders, even with the new things I bought this year, everything is put away.
  • Worked my Rubik's Cube that I got at a Christmas party. I've always wanted to work a Cube, and I finally did. Granted, I had the instructions that came with the Cube, along with Internet, but I still did it. Next step is to scramble it and do it without instructions. I can do the first two levels without instructions, but the last level gets me. Maybe a year from now when I have nothing to do.
  • Made a menu for January. I did this a few months last year, and it really helped. On the way home from work, instead of thinking, "Ugh, what do I have that I can throw together for supper," I could think, "Yea, I wonder what yummy food I get to eat tonight and not go to the store for because I've already done my shopping for the menu?"
  • Paid bills and rent. This is usually not remarkable, but I wanted to pay special attention this month. Last month, I got online to pay one bill and realized I had never paid the previous months'. How did this happen? I don't know. But it did, and I felt like a redneck snaggle-tooth welfare abuser whose kids are always dirty and don't listen when I yell at them. So I wanted to make sure to pay my bills this month.
  • Laundry. Gotta have clean clothes to wear to work.
  • Called my landlord about the leak in my bathroom ceiling. This could actually be a blog all in itself...Maybe it will...
  • Read Leading Change by John P. Kotter. It is a very good book and just one of six I have/get to read for my Planning and Change class this semester. Since I have to have four of them read by January 30, I thought I should go ahead and get started. I hope my others come in soon. If I read one a week, I'll be OK.
  • Cleaned the giant pile off my desk. Most of the papers were from last semester's class. Check this out. Here's a comparison of my textbook (482 pages) and the papers accumulated from the class. The prof really enjoyed passing out paper.
  • Cooked (semi-scorched, sadly) a pot of brown beans on the stove.
  • Shopped a bit. Look at these great pillows I bought! Love 'em.
  • Watched some great RSU basketball. The men are still undefeated - yippee! New national rankings come out Monday. We currently sit at #5, so maybe we'll move up. We also will maintain our #1 Sooner Athletic Conference rank.
  • Watched some not-so-great football. Seriously, Big XII, can we not lay an egg in the bowls?
  • Spent time with friends. Played games. Ate food.
  • Bought textbooks. Yea for used books.

1 comments:

KJG said...

My goodness! For a week of "rest" you sure accomplished a lot!