Yesterday afternoon, a co-worker and I walked over to the campus bookstore to see what we could buy on sale. After walking through the clothing section and finding nothing to buy, I happened to see a shelf of books. On this shelf was a sign that said, "$1 Bargain Books." Taken individually, each of those three words could be a serious contender for my Top Twenty-five Word list. But combined? Oh, combined those three little words bring sweet euphoria.
My expectation for these $1 books was exceptionally low. You know...How to Choose the Perfect College Spring Break Destination or The Handbook of Secret French War Strategies. But the bottom shelf caught my eye...A nice hardback cookbook. Yet another. And, oh, look up here! And here!
An employee walked by and I asked if these books were really $1. He said yes, that's what he was told to sell them for. But just for me, he'd sell them for $2. My quick-witted reply? "Actually, I'll take them for 90 cents each with my staff discount."
Six thick books found their way to the counter.
I walked out with two green bags of books, each several pounds heavy.
And only...
...$5.89 less in my bank account!!
I must tell you how much I didn't spend.
Had I purchased my six books at actual retail price, I would have paid $230.70.
I saved a breathtaking $224.81!
Thank you, Barnes and Noble Bookstore. You made me smile.
9 years ago
2 comments:
That's amazing! What a great way to pick up your day!
I LOVE books! By the way, what did your sister get with her amazon.com card?
Post a Comment