When I was young, I took piano lessons. I had to practice 30 minutes a day, and I had to perform at recitals. I didn't especially like doing either of those things. The practice I didn't like because...well, what kid likes to be that disciplined? The recitals I didn't like because I was very shy. When I started band in 5th grade, I stopped taking piano lessons. Looking back, I wish I would have done both band and piano.
Over the past several years, I have had a growing desire to re-learn piano. Every time I see or hear someone play, something rises up in me. I know that I have music in me. Sometimes I'm full of emotions and think to myself, "If I had a keyboard, I could get some of this pressure off me." There are things can only be expressed through music. Words and actions simply cannot express the fullest extent of emotions. If you think I'm wrong, try to watch a movie with no music.
Now all I need to do is re-learn my chords, practice scales and arpeggios, dig out my old piano books, and practice for 30 minutes a day. No recitals, though, thank you very much.
0 comments:
Post a Comment