In the course of my life, my family has been friends with many other families scattered here and there. One family, though, we have consistently kept in contact with. Maybe it is because our families are so parallel. Mom and dad, good marriage, love their kids; three kids, the oldest is a son who is right about John's age, the middle is a daughter who's my age, and the youngest is a daughter, but she's quite a bit younger than Bekah. John and Michael got married around the same time. Elizabeth and I have done everything together. We grew up together being picked on by our brothers and annoyed by our sisters, but loving them anyway and later becoming friends with them. We moved away from home the same year for college, survived college, kept in contact with high school friends, got our first jobs at the same time, struggled with being single. This weekend Elizabeth got married, so she's ahead of me there. Mom and Elly both owned a small business at the same time. Bekah and April had a tendency to nurse hurt animals back to health. It's been a lot of fun having that family as our friends. Sadly, though, as friendships sometimes do, this one has run its course. We must say goodbye. Tomorrow I won't know where Elizabeth and Anthony go on their honeymoon. I won't know how long Grandpa Jim stays in the hospital. I won't know how big a hit Michael's next book is. It has been a good friendship and a long one. But now, I must say...Farewell, Patterson Family. I will miss you.
2 comments:
Haha, so I was thinking the whole time I was reading this, "Why can't you be friends with them anymore?" and, "Did they die?" I'm sure to you, it feels like they have :(
I'm so relieved. I was sad for you!! I didn't understand why you were "breaking up" with your long-time friends. Now I get it. :)
Post a Comment