Today, at long last, I began my research for my big final project. Long story, but it took a while to get final approval from the IRB. My research started well...I got stood up by my first group of participants. But I got to go ahead and survey another group instead, and I rescheduled the other for tomorrow. So I have my first batch of data.
We didn't win the Homecoming decorating contest. But neither did our rival, so....It's OK. Plus, we all know whose was the coolest. ;) (Side note: I thought it was interesting that each office's decorations reflected the office personality/culture.)
Since we are either super-incredible employees or just, as my dad would say, plumb crazy, in the same week we had the opening of Spring enrollment, Homecoming, and our annual college preview day. By the time we got to the tailgate party (still working, of course), we were worn flat out. And we still had 4 hours of basketball ahead of us!
Last weekend was our second annual Hoopin' for the Cure tournament. My dear friend's mother passed away with breast cancer about twelve years ago, and her aunt is a survivor. These are in their honor. (I like to think I'm real clever and hilarious...Tanti has a great sense of humor, so I had no qualms about being funny on her ribbon.)
Bekah had a fantastic week in Chicago last week, presenting her paper at a conference. First time to fly, first time in Chicago, first time at a conference, first time in a taxi, first time for...well...just about everything she did.
My house is pretty disgusting. At least I managed to do laundry over the weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment