Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How long 'til I have to get up?

A couple mornings ago, I was sleeping along very well, when I woke up with something in my throat. I coughed to try to get it out, then looked at the clock. 4:27. OK, I can live with this for another four minutes until my alarm goes off. Back to sleep.

I was sleeping along well, when I woke up with something still in my throat. I coughed to try to get it out, then looked at the clock. 4:42. OK, I can live with this for another four minutes until my alarm goes off. Weird that I still have four minutes of sleep left, because I thought I'd been asleep longer than one minute...But perception of time can be very wrong when sleeping. Back to sleep.

I was sleeping along not quite so well because I was thinking about having something in my throat, when I woke up. I coughed, then looked at the clock. 5:09. OK, well, I can live with this for another five minutes until...wait...Why is it that earlier it was four minutes until my alarm goes off, but now it's five minutes until my alarm goes off? Huh? Oh. Yeah. When the clock reads 4:27 it does not mean I have four minutes and 27 seconds until my alarm goes off. It means that it is 27 minutes past four o'clock in the morning.

Even in your sleep, that's some funny stuff, right there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That is really funny! I was wondering why your alarm was going off at 4:31! Hope you finally got the stuff out of your throat and slept better for the last hour or so.

KJG said...

Funny! I want to know if you laughed to yourself before you went back to sleep again?!

Joy Lin said...

Yes. Yes, I did.