Love and Wisdom.
Here was my thinking...If you have family without love or wisdom, you lose your family. Same thing with friends. If you have love and wisdom, you will be authentic, at peace, have integrity, etc. And it almost never fails that if you have love and wisdom you will gain recognition, status, power, and all those things that might not have even made the first cut. I was talking to Chelley about this, and she made a good point: If you have love without wisdom, you really can get yourself into a mess.
As soon as I made my final two choices, I stopped to think about my reasoning behind my reasoning. Love. (Faith, hope, and love...But the greatest is love. God is love. Love your neighbor as yourself.) Wisdom. (The entire book of Proverbs.)
Values are based upon worldviews. It's good to know I have such a Biblical worldview that I know the right answers without having to think it through...And when I do think it through, I know why the answers are right. (Thanks, mom and dad!)
My classmates had interesting answers, I thought. Most of them said family (which is a great one) and then there was a variety of answers on the second one...lots of love and happiness...one status.
When so many people chose happiness, I was surprised. That didn't get past Round 2 on my list. Nobody chose joy. So I asked why. (Joy was #3 on my list.) Sometimes I'm shocked that not everyone has the same core beliefs that I have. They all saw joy and happiness as the same thing. I disagreed and said that happiness is based on situations, but joy is deeper. They believed the opposite. Not wanting to get into a spiritual discussion in class, I let it go. But I really was shocked. And sad. To not know real, deep, hope-filled, sustaining, strengthening joy...I can't even imagine.
9 years ago
1 comments:
I tried to do this. There were some I couldn't leave out, so I kind of gave up. I like your reasoning though.
Post a Comment