We had SO MUCH FUN! Truly, I have the. best. church.
About 125 ladies attended, and almost everyone dressed up. There were 25 cast members who had designated knock-off celebrity roles. And then everyone else was encouraged to dress according to the state they were born in. We had prizes for Best Costume, Best Actress, Biggest Hair, and more.
My role was Fanny Mae Buster (Ellie Mae Clampett knock-off)...Sadly I don't have a good picture of me. Just imagine me in boots, overalls, plaid shirt, straw hat, and pigtails using my thickest and best hick accent. In lieu of a picture, however, I will recite some of my lines...
"Awe, shuck, ma'am. My name is Fanny. Fanny Mae Buster. And I'm just tickled as a razorback hock-deep in corncobs to be here. I've always wanted to come to one of these-here real-life beauty pageants, and if this 'un ain't just the rooster's feathers! I mean to tell ya! But as fer that there TIara, I ain't had me a chance to lay my eyes on it yet. Miss Priss Paris over here, now, she thinks it'd look real purty on her rat dog, but just 'tween you, me and the fencepost, I think it'd look a whole lot purtier on my prize-winnin' pig, Miss PEtunia...."
They say I came in 2nd in the Best Actress category. I lost to Nicole Kidwoman. She sang a song. Pshhh...The things you have to do these days to win an acting award...
Pageant Opening Dance

Cast members Bertha Bottoms, Coach Jillian, and Wendy McBurger
Amy, born in Louisiana, and a very pregnant Steph
Pageant emcee, Donita Frump (aka Angela) on the catwalk with
"Kate Gusseling" (aka Ami...aka our pastor's wife - haha!)
"Kate Gusseling" (aka Ami...aka our pastor's wife - haha!)




1 comments:
Come on, surely someone has a good pic of Fanny Mae :D
Post a Comment