This is the invite I made for the 'work shower.'
(Isn't it so cute? Scrapblog.com ... super-easy and free.)

And here are some of us after the shower.
Like I said, I'm so thankful for the girls I work with!

And here are a few of us at the 'friends shower.'
Lindsay (left) and Heather C (by me) used to work with us. Again, love 'em!

This weekend I was supposed to be headed to SE Oklahoma to help Denise with a purity retreat for her youth girls. I was excited to share what the Lord has done in me during my 28 1/2 years of single living - learning that God always provides what I need when he asks me to do something (husband or no)...experiencing both difficult and hilarious situations...coming to an understanding that true purity is about way more than the physical...realizing that being a strong and independent woman simply means being who God created me to be...learning that the love of the Father is personal, intimate, and complete - and to hopefully pass along some of the wisdom of trusting Him.
But, alas, the retreat was postponed due to predictions of "catastrophic" weather. I wouldn't say it has turned out to be catastrophic, but it is beautiful and I wouldn't have driven in it. It also got us out of work for 1 1/2 days, and I am ever-so-grateful for that. (Note to self: add to List of Reasons I Know Jesus Loves Me...He got me a much-needed mini-vacation this week.)
...About 3:00 this afternoon....
Good thing I have these furry boots to keep my little
piggies warm when they have to go outside

Inside project: Change quilt and pillows on my bed

piggies warm when they have to go outside
Inside project: Change quilt and pillows on my bed
I think I'll read a book the rest of the weekend. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment