Cool breeze. Best friends' laughter. Baseball. Ahhhh.
Last night I went to my first Drillers' game of the season, and it was exactly what I needed. There is something about a baseball game that helps me breath. Maybe it takes me back to when I was a kid watching John play Little League. Or maybe to the (very few) times we stayed in a hotel on vacation and saw a game on TV. Or maybe it helps me remember what it means to be an American.
Steph, John, Amy, Joel, Karen, and I showed up to see the Drillers, sadly, lose their game. But the fact that it was free general admission night meant there were thousands of others there, too, giving us plenty of opportunity to people-watch. A Miami-Vice Guy sat beside us. He kept his shades on the entire time, even as the sun went down and it gradually got dark, darker, and very dark.
I wanted to take a picture with Steph, so I asked John to snap it for us. It took him forever to
take it. I later realized why. He was trying to get Joel, his BFF since birth, to jump in. Which, as you can see, he obligingly did. I later asked Karen to take a "real" pic of Steph and me...Which John then jumped in on. Boys...I tell you what. Finally we got one with Amy in it, too. At this point, it was only us plus John in our group. So we were safe having John taking the pic for us. I love my friends...and baseball.
1 comments:
YAY!!! You're blogging!!! LOVE. IT.
Post a Comment