RSU has great benefits because we not only get free days off for fall break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, and a few one-day holidays throughout the year, but we also accrue ten vacation hours each month AND get three personal days per year. Since personal days have to be used by July and I still had two left, I took one today and made this a four-day weekend. I've decided that, as long as I have something to do other than sit around, four-day weekends are really good.
Friday night we went to the game, but you already know about that. On the way home, I stopped by Wal-Mart because I wanted to make some covers for throw pillows. I found some super-cute fabric on the dollar rack. But since it was 11:00 at night, there was nobody who could cut it for me. So I hid it under some other fabric and came home. When I told mom that she said
Sunday night I went to the Reeds' house. For those of you who can't remember who's who, they're the ones who have six (now that they've adopted one- yay!) kids and one foster baby, plus lots of grown kids who like to hang out at their house. Anyway, we played golf (cards, not clubs) until really late and laughed a whole lot. If you've never sat around with a bunch of people and imitated each others' laughter, you should...it's hilarious!
Yesterday afternoon I went up to the church and played around on the piano for a couple hours. It was so much fun. I wasn't great, but for not even having touched a piano in several years, I didn't think it was too bad. Steph was there working on some stuff, so she might have a different story about how it sounded. But it really was fun.
Last night we had a Memorial Day cookout. Amy was house-sitting for some people who have a great outdoor set-up. Big deck, lots of grass, and a huge pond. Ooooh, and we had brats with saurkraut and sauteed onions and green peppers. Mmmmm. I played frisbee for the first time in forever...while dodging dog poo in the yard.
On a movie note, I watched P.S. I Love You today. It was good, but if you don't want to cry for two hours straight you might want to stay away from it. No joke. I had to come get my box of Kleenex, and I can't think of another time I've done that with a movie...and I'm even a movie-crier.
Thank you to all veterans and those who will become veterans. Thank you for making sure the flag still flies and speaks of freedom and a good life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment