Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cats, heels, and cows

"Do you have a cat? Or did the people who lived here before you have a cat? Because I smell cat." That's what every non-pet-owner wants to hear from the carpet cleaning man. For real. I came home for lunch today and my landlord was walking down the sidewalk and told me the guy was here to clean my carpets. Happy lunch. Oh, but seriously a lot happier than two weeks ago when I came home to the plumber and...well, anyway. So today I told the guy, no, I didn't have a cat and I didn't know about the people who lived her before, that was four years ago...But my upstairs neighbors have dogs and maybe the smell drifted down. OK, that's just gross and embarrassing that he smelled cat in my house and I don't have one. For the record, no, I don't pee on my carpet. Oh, other than giving me clean carpets and a better smell, the carpet guy was going to recommend new carpet for me to my landlord...at least in my hallway where, literally, the carpet has pulled away from the carpet backing. That happened during the two times I had a leak with water all over the hallway and they pulled the carpet back to dry it out.

I fell off my heel today. I was in Chelley's office reading her mother/daughter calendar quote to her, which is a daily ritual. Today's quote was, "A light-heel'd mother makes a heavy heel'd daughter." Then I fell out of my shoe.

The cow that jumped over the fence could be coming to a hamburger near you. John and Missy got a new cow and calf not that long ago and put them in the fence. Which the cow quickly jumped. So they put her in again. She jumped again. So they built it higher. She jumped again. Yesterday Missy called me and said she was just standing there staring down the cow, that that's the only way it wouldn't jump. One day, three tranquilizer darts, a tractor, and several people later, the cow and calf are both gone.

1 comments:

Chelley N said...

Very interesting about the cat... Seriously, what kind of nose does carpet cleaning man have to smell cat left over from over 4 years ago???