I'm back from watching
Prince Caspian and am sad to report severe disappointment. When they say, "Based on book by C.S. Lewis," they mean they took the characters and the bare bones of the story, then did whatever they wanted. I'm fine with some cinematic liberties, but they took it too far this time. And they didn't tell the heart of the story at all...Didn't explain the apple trees, didn't show how Caspian knew the history, didn't explain the Bear, didn't even go into any detail at all regarding Lucy and Aslan, and if you hadn't read the book, you had no idea what the dwarf really meant to the children. Although most of those things are minor separately, together the details give the spirit to the story...They are the things that make the story so good. It's not just about the story, it's about what the story
means. And then they added some stuff that pretty much ruined it. I'm very sad. Substance, that's the word I've been looking for. It lacked substance.
1 comments:
Your blog got cut off... We're left with "So although of the seven books". I'm curious...
Post a Comment