Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Uh-huh, uh-huh

Look at that dog stickin' out his head (uh-huh, uh-huh)
Wakes me in the mornin', gets me out of bed (uh-huh, uh-huh)
That dog taught me everything I know
He's with me every time I cross the road

O-o-o-oh
O-o-o-oh
O-o-o-oh
O-o-o-oh

LOOK AT THAT DOG STICKIN' OUT HIS HEAD!!


When we went to Dallas to the prophetic worship conference last fall, we had the privilege of hearing Jason Upton both lead worship and then speak the next morning. But we also had the privilege of hearing/singing some of his not-so-serious songs. The story behind the song above is that one day Jason and his son were riding their bikes. All of a sudden, his son pointed to a passing car and said, "Dad! Look at that dog sticking out his head!" Jason said, "Yeah! Wouldn't that be a great song?" So he sang the first line. And then he heard his son, in a soft little voice, go, "Uh-huh." And thus a great song was born. Wish I could remember the whole thing.

I haven't watched TV in two weeks. A couple movies, yes, and three episodes of Heroes (usual Monday night ritual), but not actual TV.

For anyone who wants to make trail-mix...Pay the extra 50 cents and buy the good kind of peanuts. The off-brand really aren't the best. Sad.

Tuesday I drove to Edmond for a meeting of FYE/Retention people from other regional universities. (FYE is first-year-experience.) I asked Julie on Monday if I could take her school car. She said yes, but the gas gauge is broken. Uh, never mind, I'll take BJ's. But BJ had students in his office and then he was gone. So Tuesday morning I headed out in Julie's car. First, I had to stop to get gas so I knew I'd have enough to get there and back. Well, I looked in the bag where the key to the gas tank is and...no key. Which happened to me last time I took her car, but I finally found it. Never found it this time. But I did happen to think that maybe it wasn't locked anymore (another story), which was the case. So I filled up and headed west. I got to about 11th street in Tulsa and saw that the engine light had come on. So I pulled off on 21st and called Julie. Finally tracked her down and she said, "Oh, it came on the other day, too, so I guess it has something to do with the gas gauge." I decided that, since it's a Ford and has close to 100,000 miles on it, the engine light will be on from now until eternity no matter if something is wrong or not. If you've never had a Ford, you might not know that this is the case, but it is. So I headed west again. I got to about Sapulpa and thought, "Holy cow, this is a long trip." I used to drive to OKC once, twice, three times a week, and I got used to it. But it's been a while, so I was tired of the trip by the time I got to, oh, Bristow. But it really wasn't too bad. Got to listen to Glenn Beck talk about, among other things, how Courtney Love was upset that the pink teddy bear purse she kept Kurt Cobane's ashes in had been stolen out of her closet. The meeting was good. Oh, and at lunch I had some fried pickles. Sounds gross, right? Yum! It was at this little local burger joint in Edmond that we went to, and they used real pickles (unlike Sonic, as Todd said).

We're supposed to go see Prince Caspian tomorrow night. I'm pretty excited to see it, although I've heard it strays from the book. That's disappointing. I'm nearly done with the last Narnia book. They're so good and are really easy to read. They are, after all, kids books and are illustrated. Think I'll go read right now.

0 comments: