I've been sitting here doing more than my usual lurking. Curiosity turned fascination turned almost addiction. Before I began my own blog, I started reading Steece's Pieces. It's a blog written by the mom, Suz, of quads. Great blog. I, along with literally thousands of other people, got hooked. (Laugh it up, Chelley, laugh it up.) Well, this week, Suz posted about a trip she and her husband took with three other couples who are also quad parents. The moms met online during pregnancy, or soon thereafter, and quickly became good friends. Their husbands secretly planned this trip so they could all meet in person for the first time. So Suz talked about each of those friends and...posted links to their blogs, which are equally great. Aaaaughh!! Not good news for someone who loves a good storyline, is a daydreamer, and easily gets addicted to stuff.
I was thinking about what makes it so attractive to read about these families. Other than the novelty of four babies at one time (whoa), the quality of the blog pages, and a few other obvious things, I think it's really about the fun of a big family. These four families are all Christians, I think, so there is peace and joy in their lives. And there is always something interesting to write about.
I seem to have nothing interesting to consistently write about. In light of what we just discussed, a husband and kids might help with this dilemma. Of course I don't have any, even though that is my heart's desire. Which leads me to the "Being Single" portion of this post.
It stinks. Not always. The end.
(That portion was going to be longer, but I decided against it. Please don't feel like you need to comment and encourage me that "he'll be worth the wait and it will be soon." I appreciate the thought, really I do, but I've heard it so many times that it's become a mantra in my head. :) I get it.)
Maybe I'll start making up stories to tell on here.
(P.S. Lord, I'm not asking for quads. Please be very, very clear on this point.)
9 years ago
2 comments:
Haha... it can SO EASILY turn into an addiction! And I think it's real funny that you're reading them :-)!
I hope everything is going great! Miss you!
You know I feel your pain! Oh, the men who are missing out on us:)
Post a Comment